December 2014 Workshop Results
On December, 2014 the third week long design workshop was held with the participation of 6 designers and architects. On a full week, they developed one conceptual product inspired in the city of Tlacotalpan.
The Designers observed aspects of the town, the community and it's culture, and translate those into different utilitarian products using two crafts.
The Designers represented an attribute of the town into their designs. Designers got inspiration from the local architecture, food, water and transportation. Click on each image for more information.
The workshop was conducted by:
- José de la O (Product Designer in Chief at Studio José de la O, active member and co-founder at Cooperativa Panorámica and initiator of The Chair That Rocks).
- Mario Cruz Terán (Visual Artist and Cultural Manager. Founder of Cusbiomac A.C y Foro Cultural Luz de Noche).
- Ivonne Reyes Guevara (Visual Artist and Master Ceramist. Co-Fundador of Museo del Oficio Alfarero Tinajeril (MOAT), Cultural Manager at a Foro Cultural Luz de Noche).
- Oscar Prieto (Master Cabinetmaker and Owner of Carpintería Casa Prieto).
- Jose Pablo Campos Pineda (Industrial Design Intern, Ibero Puebla).
Tania Marlette Velgis .
Luisa Fernanda García