December 2015 Workshop Results
On December, 2016 the fourth week long design workshop was held with the participation of 6 product and interaction designers from Mexico, The United States and The Netherlands. On a full week, they developed one conceptual product inspired in the city of Tlacotalpan.
The Designers observed aspects of the town, the community and it's culture, and translate those into different utilitarian products using two crafts.
The Designers this time focused on creating utilitarian products with local crafts.
The workshop was conducted by:
- José de la O (Product Designer in Chief at Studio José de la O, active member and co-founder at Cooperativa Panorámica and initiator of The Chair That Rocks).
- Mario Cruz Terán (Visual Artist and Cultural Manager. Founder of Cusbiomac A.C y Foro Cultural Luz de Noche).
- Ivonne Reyes Guevara (Visual Artist and Master Ceramist. Co-Fundador of Museo del Oficio Alfarero Tinajeril (MOAT), Cultural Manager at a Foro Cultural Luz de Noche).
- Oscar Prieto (Master Cabinetmaker and Owner of Carpintería Casa Prieto).
- Rodrigo Lili Reyes (Master woodcarver).
Mariel de la Rosa (MX).
Laura Balderas (MX).
Ernesto Villanueva (MX).
Lynn Bui (USA)
Barbara Gonzáles (MX)
Jules Fennis (NL)